Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

cradle cap and potty training

hey guys i was wondering how i get the cradle cap to stop pealing and how do i get it off her hair, and also i was wondering how to get my son to try to potty train
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Cradle cap is horrible. My five month old had it a few times. I got a special shampoo at wal mart for cradle cap and used it a couple times. After you used it in their hair take a comb or brush and gently rub their scalp to loosen the flakes. It may take quite a few times, especially if your child has hair.

As far as potty training goes, I can't be a lot of help because I only have an infant but I can give some tips from working in daycare. First, try getting a potty chair and let your child get used to it. They aren't always ready when mom is. Let him sit in the chair-you don't even have to pull his diaper off. Just give him lots of praise for sitting there. Once he seems interested you can try setting him on the potty to use it. Hope this helps. I hope someone with more potty training experience can help you.
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2008
when my son had cradle cap ( know its not recommended) but i baby oiled his head and GENTLY took a baby brush and dug at the loose pieces about once every 4 days or so until it was gone

but the potty tryining.... with a new baby in the house it will be extremely difficult.... make sure to give him lots of praise-- tell him what a big boy he is- not a baby... but you still may want to wait a couple months in my opinion
|

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
I also have heard this oil trick. You can use a baby comb. Don't dig at it, but most of the loose pieces will just gently lift off as you comb. I have done this before with good results. The remaining oil will moisturize the scalp.

How old is your son whom you want to train?
|

replied August 24th, 2008
POTTY TRAINING
HOW to train baby for his potty?
|

User Profile
replied August 24th, 2008
Community Volunteer
How old is your baby?
|

replied November 15th, 2013
My four month old had it several times.The best course of treatment is simply to use a mild baby shampoo regularly. Afterwards, you can very gently remove any loose scales with your fingertip or with a soft baby brush. Do not scrub the area vigorously or try to remove any resistant scales. This can cause irritation and lead to infection. If the scales do not seem to loosen after shampooing, you can apply olive oil or baby oil and allow to soak into the scalp before shampooing.

If the scaling is severe, very red, or has spread to the face or diaper area, contact your health care provider. You will likely be given a recommendation for a special shampoo, cream or ointment to eliminate infection and help speed healing.

After the condition is under control, just continue keeping your baby's scalp clean with frequent and gentle washing with your normal baby shampoo.

Also just wait for some more time for potty training your kid.
|
Tags: hair
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....