Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

cracked/chapped skin on outer skin/foreskin

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
User Profile
Hi, I have cracked/chapped skin on outer skin/foreskin of my penis. It is sore when pulling the foreskin back. This is the first time I have ever had it and Im not sexually active. Its not on the head of my penis, just the outer foreskin

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 14th, 2012
Yeast Infection Answer A34928
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The chapped appearance could be due to dried secretions over the outer foreskin. The exact cause can only be made out after careful examination and evaluation. You can try washing with mild soap and apply moisturizing lotion to see if it helps. Use of olive oil or Vit-E enriched oil would also help (if it is not due to infection). Visit your doctor/Andrologist/urologist for further evaluation and assistance. Get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination and investigations results) to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/Andrologist/urologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.