Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

Couldn't feel my right lung/sore diaphragm

User Profile
IT started off as bronchitis then i took all my antibiotics felt better for a week after. Then Three days i couldn\'t feel my right lung so i went to er and they said i had a swore diaphragm. It hurts after i smoke cigs and stuff, its in my upper right chest and bottom of right rib cage. Sometimes i get a tingling feeling too any help would be very helpful thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2014
Chest Pain Answer A45884
Welcome to e health forum.

After a episode of bronchitis, with severe coughing, it is possible that you might develop pain or soreness in the chest, but this in most cases would be short lived, and would subside on its own.

But, it would be recommended that you stop smoking, so that it does not worsen your cough and bronchitis symptoms.

Cough lozenges would also help, to reduce your symptoms. In case your symptoms are not tolerable, consultation with a doctor for proper advice would be highly recommended.

I hope this helps.

|

User Profile
replied December 8th, 2014
Thank you for asking at ehealthforum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. You question has answers in it. Diaphragm soreness means pleural involvement of lung and that is irritated by smoke and infection. Modify pulmonary hygiene and this issue will resolve. You have taken antibiotics already. you just provide your lungs the fresh air they deserve unlike the smoke you shove in it.

I hope it helps.Please take good care of yourself and do as directed.I would advise to stay in touch with your health care provider as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and can not be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor where a complete evaluation occurs. I will be here if you need me or have any more questions to ask, i would love to answer.

May the odds be ever in your favour.

Take care
Khan

|
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.