I am a 40-year old woman and and I was experiencing tingling in my hands and arms along with mild neck pain. I am also experiencing strange sensations in my legs like involuntary jerking (mainly at night), twitching, (sometimes twitching is in different parts of my body), heat sensations, stabbing pains, and sometimes mild tingling in my toes. All of these symptoms come and go quickly and are subtle. After having an MRI performed on my neck and spine, it showed a herniated disk in my neck only with no cord compression.

My doctor has referred me to a neurosurgeon. Since then I have experienced strange facial spasms like a feeling of pressure in my cheeks like someone squeezed my face in a vise - this lasted for about two days and went away.

I don't have my appt. until August and was hoping someone could help me with this. Could this be symptoms of MS or could all of this be caused by a mild herniated disk in my neck?

Thank you very much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 16th, 2008
Doctor
Symptoms like yours can be found in MS but you need at least 2 episodes of neurological symptoms with a pause between them to assume on MS. Symptoms that lasted only for 2 days can not be considered as an episode of MS. Episodes of MS usually last for several weeks.
Symptoms that come from your arms are more likely to be due to some herniated neck-spine disk than to MS.
MRI of the brain can help you more to confirm/exclude MS.
|

replied June 16th, 2008
Could this be MS Symptoms
Thanks for the reply.
|

replied June 17th, 2008
ms
i feel like i have electrical shocks going through my body
|
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....