Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Could this be colon cancer or something else less serious?

I am a 26 year old male. So for a little over a month now, I have been experiencing pain in my lower left side, sometimes my lower left back, sometimes both. I went to my doctor and he said it was probably a muscle issue. Got a kidney ultrasound just in case and nothing turned up. The bizarre thing is that the pain isn't constant. It comes and goes, and it doesn't last for a long time. 10 minutes at the most. Sometimes I can go a whole day without feeling it, sometimes I feel it during the day once or twice, sometimes I feel it when I lay down, and sometimes I don't feel it for a week or more. I thought it was a colon issue, but I have 0 other symptoms of many common and uncommon colon issues. No blood in stool, no lack of appetite, no fever, nausea, constipation, etc.
So is it really as simple as a muscle issue? I'm not too worried since my doctor didn't seem to be, but I expected it to go away fully by now if it was just a muscle issue, especially since it did go away for about a week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2018
(online)
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern.
Yes,it is an episodic spasm of muscles.
Colon cancer doesnot present like this way.
Change in bowel habits,bleeding per rectum,constant abdominal discomfort or pain and weight loss are some of the symptoms of colon cancer.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|

replied February 12th, 2018
The symptoms that you have mentioned don’t seem a sign of any colon condition and yes, you have a muscle problem. I suggest you consulting your doctor for treating the muscle pain.

Moreover, the visible symptoms of colon cancer include change in the bowel movements such as constipation or diarrhea. Rectal bleeding, abdominal pain, gas, fatigue, weight loss are some other symptoms.

Hope the answer helps!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Colon Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.