Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

could these pains be related to my accident?

User Profile
About 3 years ago a tractor accident left me with a broken hip on the left side that was allowed to heal on its own without surgery. Other than severe brusing no other injuries were substained. Lately I have been experiencing pain in various joints of my body(shoulder, right hip, right foot etc.) could these pains be related to my accident or could something else be going on? Someday I have trouble walking due to the pain in my right foot and sleeping is difficult because i can not get comfortable.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2011
Arthritis Answer A21431
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned by the pain in the right shoulder, right foot and right hip.
These joint pains seem unrelated to the accident injury sustained by you.
3 years back. You must consult your personal physician for the thorough work up to rule out causes of joint pain such as connective tissue diseases, arthritides etc. as the same is not possible online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.