Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Could the hgc still be in my system after this long or...

Okay... I have been taking hgc shots for weight loss and know that a lot of women have mentioned false/positive tests. However, I have been off the shots for approximately 1 and a half weeks and just took a pregnancy test that was a DARK DEFINITE positive! I only took it because I have been very tired lately and haven't had a period, however, this is not abnormal for me. I am never regular, so it is not alarming, or wasn't rather, until I got the IMMEDIATE DARK positive! Could the hgc still be in my system after this long or am I pregnant? How can I be for sure? I can't imagine having to wait another week or so and test it again!!! HELP!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2011
Supporter
Everything I have heard and read says it can take as much as two weeks for hcg to be out of your system. That is why they stress so much that you must diligently use birth control. Otherwise, any symptom that is pregnancy related will cause a huge panic. As much as I hate to say it, you should wait at least another 3 or 4 days before retesting. Just to be on the safe side, I would wait a little longer though. Pregnancy tests are not cheap and you don't want to cause yourself unnecessary stress by getting another uncertain result.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...