Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Could it be herpes or just a infection in my skin

User Profile
I have a lesion on the side of my shaft . I have already tested negative for ghonorrea and chlymedia but they took a culture of the lesion yesterday . It burnt when I peed a couple days ago, but doesn't burn anymore . Could it be herpes or just a infection in my skin

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 6th, 2016
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A59717
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Get evaluated for complete STD panel, herpes, syphilis all needs to be ruled out. You need to consult a sexual disease specialist, let them have a look and decide what is is.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.