Im not to sure if i have genital warts im scared to go doctors right now. I have a few small flesh coloured bumps around the vagina not itchy or sore. Some have pubic hair to grow out of them? Some dry flakey skin near vagina. Im so worried its effecting me everyday now. I can take pictures of the lumps as they not within the vagina more going towards my groin area.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 14th, 2013
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the flesh color bumps and flaky skin that you describe near the vagina, without examining them to determine other characteristics. The exact cause can only be made out after careful examination and evaluation done by your doctor/gynecologist. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and evaluation. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.