I'm 15 years old and my mum has crohns disease. I haven't told her yet because I don't feel like I can approach her about it but after I eat I need to go to the toilet within about 5-10 minutes, and it's a sudden need to go. I have also recently noticed a small white head around my anus and it isn't going. What shall I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 4th, 2013
Experienced User
Well it either find a way to your doctor on your own or you'll have approach your parents about it. Perhaps, just being vague about it might be able to dissipate some of the discomfort. Like say I really not feeling good I think I need to go see a doctor and then you have your doctor and patient confidentiality. However, it is not like your mom is not going to understand if you say your suspicious of having crohn's or having a bowel/colon related problems. However, I urge you to go to a doctor regardless of any discomfort you might be feeling with your parents at revealing this issue.
|

replied October 4th, 2013
Experienced User
Well it either find a way to your doctor on your own or you'll have approach your parents about it. Perhaps, just being vague about it might be able to dissipate some of the discomfort. Like say I really not feeling good I think I need to go see a doctor and then you have your doctor and patient confidentiality. However, it is not like your mom is not going to understand if you say your suspicious of having crohn's or having a bowel/colon related problems. However, I urge you to go to a doctor regardless of any discomfort you might be feeling with your parents at revealing this issue.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...