User Profile
I recently had an intimate encounter with a friend. The closest we came to sex was dry humping (apologies, if there is a clinical term for that activity, i don't know what it is); her with panties on because she said she was on her period, me undressed. A couple weeks later I developed a rash around my genitals (not on). When I asked her about it, she informed me she was hsv-2 positive, but that there is no way she could have given it to me since there was no genital contact or exchange of fluids. Is this true? Could I now be hsv-2 positive? Could it be something else I contracted from her?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2014
General Q and A Answer A49017
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If there had been contact with blood during your sexual contact, chances of transmission of infection are possible. Consider getting yourself tested to confirm/rule out presence of infection. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/healthcare provider for thorough examination, evaluation, clarification and assistance. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/healthcare provider and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.