Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Parkinson Disease Forum

Could I have Parkinsons? diagnosed Menieres 10yrs ago.

could I have Parkinson's? I have numb face,neck,hands and feet. Esophageal spasms, neck,throat spasms choking, 2xpnuemonia, shaking inside,head nodding,random pain like beestings,episodes of weakness,falling down,loss of balance, trouble going uphill or stairs,heat intolerance, severe chest and back pain/ache
diagnosed Menieres10yrs ,hiatal hernia, hyrperthyroid, crushed chest from a car accident
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2013
Especially eHealthy
whyme77,

The following are the early symptoms of Parkinson's, according to the Mayo Clinic"

Parkinson's disease symptoms and signs may vary from person to person. Early signs may be mild and may go unnoticed. Symptoms often begin on one side of your body and usually remain worse on that side, even after symptoms begin to affect both sides. Parkinson's signs and symptoms may include:

- Tremor. Your tremor, or shaking, usually begins in your limb, often your hand or fingers. You may notice a back-and-forth rubbing of your thumb and forefinger, known as a pill-rolling tremor. One characteristic of Parkinson's disease is tremor of your hand when it is relaxed (at rest).

- Slowed movement (bradykinesia). Over time, Parkinson's disease may reduce your ability to move and slow your movement. This may make simple tasks difficult and time-consuming. Your steps may become shorter when you walk, or you may find it difficult to get out of a chair. Also, your feet may stick to the floor as you try to walk, making it difficult to move.

- Rigid muscles. Muscle stiffness may occur in any parts of your body. The stiff muscles can limit your range of motion and cause you pain.

- Impaired posture and balance. Your posture may have become stooped, or you may have balance problems as a result of Parkinson's disease.

- Loss of automatic movements. In Parkinson's disease, you may have a decreased ability to perform unconscious movements, including blinking, smiling or swinging your arms when you walk. You may no longer gesture when talking.

- Speech changes. You often may have speech problems as a result of Parkinson's disease. You may speak softly, quickly, slur or hesitate before talking. Your speech may be more of a monotone, rather than with the usual inflections.
Writing changes. Writing may appear small and become difficult.

If these appear to be what your symptoms are like, then you need to see your physician as soon as possible.

Good luck.
|

replied April 1st, 2013
Thank you Gaelic.... I do have some of these plus other things which do not seem to fit Parkinson's. My doctor is puzzled and I am undergoing tests for different things.
My father had Parkinson's and I'm afraid that I am now developing it too. I seem to have alot of the things he did. However some of my symptoms are more MS like.
I guess I will have to do all these tests to rule out other things first.
Thanks for your info and concern.
|

replied March 9th, 2018
Meniere's comordid idiopathic Parkinson's
From: Synrx. Is Meniere's known to be a contributing factor to Parkinson's and is the reverse true as an exacerbating consideration?
|
This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.
Must Read
1/2 million Americans are diagnosed with Parkinsons. Click here for basic information and a definition of Parkinson Disease, a movement disorder of the brain. ...
Do doctors know what causes Parkinson's Disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? More info on risk factors here....
We outline the common symptoms of Parkinsons and list the types of movement disorders that accompany the disease. Plus, know when to seek medical help....