Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Could I have a pinched nerve?

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
I have been experiencing these symptoms over the past year and a half (mostly in neck, back, arms, and hands): intense muscle tension and knots, muscle spasms, nerve pain/tingling/numbness, stiffness, possibly tennis elbow, eye strain, floaters, clear membranes on eyes, eye twitch (sclera), dry eyes and skin, shortness of breath, anxiety, fatigue, disturbed sleep. I got x-rays of my spine, and it showed I have minor scoliosis of my thoracic spine and straightening of my cervical spine, although it is not known if I had this since birth or not. Also, it seems like my symptoms are more intense on the right side of my body. It is hard for me to get as much exercise in as I want because I have injured my knees, but I have tried doing physical therapy, acupuncture, and massage. I also eat a healthy, balanced diet. I don't know why I'm still experiencing these symptoms. Sometimes I wake up and I can't move my entire arm. It seems like it's worse when I lay down. Maybe pinched nerves in neck?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2016
General Q and A Answer A59216
Welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to make a diagnosis without a complete medical history and physical examination.

Lower back pain is a physical illness related to nerves, muscle, bone and abdominal-pelvic organ. The common causes (considering your age) include:

- Nerve root syndromes - these produce symptoms of nerve impingement (a nerve is directly irritated): Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration

- Musculoskeletal pain syndromes like myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia.

- Infections of the bones: Bacterial and spinal Tuberculosis

- Noninfectious inflammation of the spine (spondylitis) can cause stiffness and pain in the spine that is particularly worse in the morning

- Renal stone, stress, anxiety, depression and somatoform disorders.

The exact cause can be determined only with proper medical evaluation and hence it would be recommended to consult your doctor for proper help.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.