Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Could I be pregnant? Are we infertile?

In December I had a period on December 14th. Then December 30- Jan 7th I had my next period. And on Feb 14th I had my next one. Since them I have not had one and todays date is March 27th. I cant figure out how many days long my cycle is. My husband and I are 22 years old and trying to have a baby. We have had unprotected sex for 4 years almost 5. We have had no "scares" or "miscarriages" but we havnt really been trying to have a baby until now. I set an appointment up with my dr on April 8th but I cant wait that long!! I have researched all that i can, and I just dont understand why all 3 of the pregnancy tests I took this week said I wasnt pregnant. I dont know if either of us are infertile, but do u think one of us could be? where is my period? Does it have to do with the fact that I have been stressed out about it?? Im going to women's health in the morning to get some help, but i would like to know what you think.
Thanks a ton for listening to my questions and answering them for me!!
K.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 30th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Absent periods could be due to many reasons like pregnancy, hormonal imbalance, ovarian problems, hypothalamic or thyroid hormonal dysfunction etc. If you suspect to be pregnant and are having false negative test results with urine pregnancy tests, then it could suggest that hormonal levels are low. Many women do not get a positive result until they are about 2-3 months into pregnancy. Consider requesting for blood HCG test along with ultrasound scan to confirm/rule out pregnancy. Stress, changes in lifestyle, anemia can also affect your menstrual cycles.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.