Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

Could I be having an abdominal pregnancy?

User Profile
I had a partial hysterectomy 7 yrs ago. I still have my overies. For the last three months, I have been showing all the symptoms of pregnancy. My abdoman has increaced aproximatly 18 inches in the last month and when I lay on my left side or stomach I can feel a mass. Pregnancy test comes up negitive. My reg. DR. has tested for just about everything else. The only strange result was my CA 125 came back elevated to 34. Could I be having an abdominal pregnancy? What do I do to confirm it? The mass is in the upper left quadrant, just under my ribs and deep toward my back. Also, at the risk of sounding crazy, I have felt light thumping like movement over the recent few weeks.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 7th, 2012
Pregnancy Answer A40167
Welcome to ehealthforum,
CA 125 is usually used as tumor marker test for detecting ovarian cancer. It can also be elevated in other conditions like in pregnancy, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, pancreatitis, PID, liver disease etc. Consider going ahead with getting repeat tests and repeat ultrasound scan to look for the underlying cause. You may also consider taking second opinion from another gynecologist. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pregnancy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.