Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

could have herpes, hiv, or hpv. Too scared to see doctor

User Profile
I had unprotected sex with a girl who, without my knowing, was rumored to have herpes. I went to the health dept. two weeks later and got tested and everything and it all came back negative then went back for scar tissue I didn't know I had but haven't been back since. I am scared because I've had three episodes where I have this dime-sized red bump that last for about two weeks and is painful to mess with and off and on I still have clear discharge. I also have these little white bumps that I have no clue wat they are. I also have random sick stomach like I ate something bad that goes away within an hour. The last red bump I had was in April I guess and wat I've been researching I could have herpes, hiv, or hpv. I've went into depression thinking about and am too scared to go to th doctor.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2015
Sexual Health - Men Answer A53880
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Science dont believe in rumours. If you suspect your partner to be herpetic test her. Yoru STD should have picked herpes had it been there. Negative test rules that out. So please no worries. get a second opinion if you feel there is some digging needed here.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.