Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
So question is that, I have had this naggy cough without any other symptoms. Meaning I have not developed a cold or runny nose that I am aware of for sure. Also I am able to eat anything, run 5k's training wise perfectly fine. But on the off times, I just have to cough every half hour or so to clear this irritating itch in my throat. The fact that I can run and exercise makes me think I don't have asthma. Also another one of my friends has had this problem as well. This naggy cough is persistent for about 2-3 weeks now. I felt it wasn't serious so I didn't see medical attention, because I am usually told to take holistic methods to relieve the problem. I just have this cough and it has its on and off days. Some days I cough every half hour and some days I cough now and then. If you have any clues to what it might be and what I could do please let me know. Thank you for reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper annoyingcough
|

replied October 6th, 2009
Cough with no other symptoms
I am having the same thing! Exactly! Nagging, itching in my throat - just above the collar bone (if that makes sense). No other symptoms either. Mine just started a couple days ago but it is very irritating! I'll let you know if I find anything about this and I'll check back here to see if anyone has given you advice.
|

replied October 12th, 2009
Cough but not sick... plenty of mucus though
I Also have had this... I had Mexican flu at the beginning of September... following that 2 weeks of coughing... Then it went away for 2 weeks, and now it's been back for nearly 2 weeks... What the heck to do? I'm drinking a bunch of ginger tea. Don't feel in anyway sick, even the fact I've just come through gall bladder surgery and I bounced back super quick.... What to be done?
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I went to the dr yesterday and was told I have walking pneumonia. I was given a steroid, inhaler, antibiotic and cough medication. I don't know if this could be what you are both experiencing but I thought it might help. I have a history of asthma which is why all the meds were prescribed.
|