Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Cost of newborn hearing screen

I could use a favor from anybody who has just had a baby a month or two ago and has received the hospital bill. Could you please take a look and see what was charged for your newborn's hearing screen? I'm talking about the dollar amount BEFORE insurance kicks in.

I'm asking this question because our bill shows a $950 charge for a hearing test. From everything I have read and everyone I have talked to, this charge should be no more than $100, if that much.

I know there are at least two types of hearing tests, but I figure they should both cost approximately the same amount. So it doesn't matter what kind of test your newborn had, I still would like to know what it costs.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 10th, 2011
newborn hearing screen bill
can you send a scanned copy for review?

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....