Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Cortisol reaction from exercise?

Hello,
1.5 years ago, when I just turned 28, I started to feel this "full" feeling in my stomach and a burning feeling in my throat in the morning. It's very uncomfortable and sometimes gives me a headache by the afternoon. I went to the doctor who advised me to track what I ate and when I felt the symptoms. Since then I have tried everything- experimenting by cutting out certain foods, coffee, drinking less water, more water, everything. I am stumped. It has driven me crazy, since some days I have the symptoms and some days I don't. I eat very healthy- low amounts of flour, sugar, dairy, wheat. I have exercised every day for the last 6 years- a combination of cardio and strength training. I really enjoy getting my heart rate up, even if just for a short time, and sweating to feel like I've had a good workout. It is hard for me to skip working out or do something leisurely. When I decided to take a break from working out recently and just walked instead, I was symptom free. I have continued to be symptom free as I've been only walking. So my question to you all is:
What is this I am experiencing? Is it something to do with cortisol?
I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), and I experience insulin resistance, which has gotten worse over the last few years. I wonder if it has anything to do with that. I am a 29 year old female, 4'11 and 127 lbs. My BMI is 25.
Why would exercise make me feel this way?
Should I visit my doctor for more help? Tests?
I have searched and searched for others who experience this and have not found one. Has anyone else experienced this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....