Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Corticosteroids and bodybuilding

User Profile
cause i have epilepsy can i take steroids for bodybuilding............i'm not advising to do this or recommending it to anyone.............i've seen on the internet that u can..............and that u can[t................that AED levels are effected by taking them....................so can u take them

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2008
Fitness Answer A4604
Current medical status: traumatic brain injury........i have the epilepsy from the TBI.........epilepsy is under control.............i haven't had a seizure in almost 2 years.........only have had 4 seizrues from my accident .........it happened on feb 19,2005.............about 3 1/2 years ag

Current medical treatment: 900 mg of tegrol xr a day............300 3X a day 30 mg of ritalin a day.........20 when i wake up and 10 in the afternoon

Corticosteroids do not affect the levels of Tegrol (carbamazepine)in any way, but Tegrol decreases the levels of the corticosteroid medicine. Corticosteroids don't have any known interaction with Ritalin (methylphenidate).

You might consider counsalting your GP about taking corticosteroids for bodybuilding.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fitness , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.