Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

corner of mouth (side of lips) cut/wound skin problem

hi, ive had this problem for a week. i think i had a pimple or something at the corner of my mouth (just where the lips begin) and i think it went bad because i might have popped it or because of the skin stretching when i opened my mouth. so its not a pimple now and the skin at the corner of my lip has gone bad and looks like a weird cut. its not healing and even if it is, it is interrupted whenever i open my mouth. and when i open my mouth like really wide, then it can sometimes bleed. here are the images of what it looks like. please help me.
thanks in advance.
imgur.com/ZfD3M6g
imgur.com/ddpeBdk
imgur.com/YpZRpae
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 8th, 2014
I am sorry that I don't recognize exactly what you have there. I do know that if you just have a split/cut at the corners of your mouth where your lips meet, it can usually be healed by putting antifungal ointment on it. I don't know if this will help you, but it may help someone.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....