Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Coping with anxiety after an illness

User Profile
Back in mid May 08 i had just finished my exams and had pretty much run out of money and wasn't eating properly at all.

anyway i was a week into work(garden centre), it was a hot day and i had fallen asleep in my lunch break ontop of a compost heap...i woke up and realised i had over slept by 45 mins, i immediately began lifting and VERY heavy pot with a colleague. all of a sudden everything went blurry and i had around 2 mins of complete dissorientation before i fell into a roughly 5 minute seizure.got taken to hospital where i stayed under observtaion for 3 days and had all the tests and was apparently clear.
since then i have had body twitching, just randomly and it happens when i feel most relaxed(bed, sofa etc). however when a string of these happen, i find if i concentrate on not having one they don't happen??also i feel that in some public places now i feel hazey and seizurish.its very worrying and i have to get to places quickly to sit down and feel safe.HELP!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 23rd, 2009
Anxiety and Stress Answer A5479
If doctors performed an EEG test on you and it appeared clear that means that the seizures you had are not due to epilepsy. They were probably due to exhaustion, improper eating, and sudden hard physical activity after sleeping.

Your present symptoms (muscle twitching, “hazey and seizurish” feeling in public places, fear that something bad will happen…) are probably due to anxiety created after the seizures you had had.

You could consult a mental health doctor about your anxiety and fear.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.