Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

continuously yeast infections for the last 3 months

User Profile
Pls pls pls someone help,... I've been suffering from continuously yeast infections for the last 3 months, doctors give up on me, I have another yeast infection now but nothing is working, 2 days ago I seen a small paper cut like an inch away from the vagina entrance.. is this normal or no?

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied November 16th, 2011
Yeast Infection Answer A28609
Hi,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. Your concern is regarding the recurrent yeast infections. This paper like cut can be due to dry skin caused by the yeast infection. Candidiasis is caused by the overgrowth of yeast-like fungi called Candida. Candida inhabits the vagina, mouth and digestive tract in small numbers and is normally harmless. When the balance of naturally occurring organisms in the vagina is disrupted an overgrowth of Candida can occur.

Take some precautionary measures like avoid wearing tight fitting clothing like jeans and pantyhose and underwear made from synthetic fibres. Remove wet or damp bathing suits immediately after swimming, avoid douching, perfumed soaps, bubble baths and toiletries, change underwear daily, wash underwear in hot water (to destroy fungi) and double rinse (to remove any irritating detergent) and take adequate nutrition and sleep. Also use some antifungal pessaries.

If still the symptoms persist then oral antifungals may be needed. Please consult a gynecologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.