Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pain Management Forum

Continuous pain in upper right quadrant

I have a son that's 29 years old and he has been having pain in his upper right side below and to the side of his rib cage. He describes it as stabbing or pinching. He has had every test from EGD, colonoscopy, EUS, Hida Scan, exploratory etc....
All blood work is neg.

When he had the EGD they did find that he had erosive gastritis, but nothing has ever been said about that anymore. And with his colonoscopy he had extra long gut that had a lot of twists and turns.

We are all kind of puzzled as to why he is having this pain.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
The presentation of your son is a classic presentation of gastritis.It needs a tripple or quadruple regimen of medicines amoxicillin, clarithromycin, metronidazole, PPIs and bismut salts.
Avoidance of triggers like spices and smoking and stress and diet and lifestyle modifications with no to minimum use of NSAIDs.No drinking and no western diets and fast foods.The kid will be fine.Let him rest and do the diet and lifestyle modifications.Its the acute inflammation of gastric mucosa and a little care would resolve it and carelessness would lead to further troubles like ulcers and perforations.SO nut shell is stop worrying and start the activities.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Pain Management , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.