i am 17 and i continuously bleed this has been happening for a very long time it stops sometimes for like a week but will come back and will stay for a month AT THE LEAST i dont know when i have my period or if its just the annoying bleeding. i have started taking the contreceptive pill when i bleed too make it stop but think that could be hurting my body even more. i have had this since BEFORE i came off the depo about 2 years ago. i have been for a scan three times all different answers 1st i was pregnant 2nd had a blood clot 3rd i had a miscaridge. so havent really gone back to the doctors to re check cost to much to get false info. hopeing you can help me figure out whats happening down the sick of this bleeding is a waist of money and scared its damaging my body.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 28th, 2011
i have the EXACT same problem. I posted my question to the docter 2-3 days ago and havnt had a response. If you get one please let me know. I was still on the depo and started bleeding at the beginning of december 2010. It stops if i drink alcoholic spirits sometimes and it stopped for a week when i took nothesterine tablets but its continuous, everyday and getting heavier. I too have had scans, wsa told it was a miscarriage, clots and NOW they are telling me its Disfunctional uterine bleeding. I am taking acid tablets and iron tablets as i have become anemic through the amount of blood i have lost. It is costing me a fortune with all the tablets they are getting me to try and it still hasnt stopped after nearly two months. If you get an answer PLEASE let me know. Thank you.
|

replied January 28th, 2011
apologies. I have received an answer. Wether this will work for you aswell but its worth trying.

Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The prolonged bleeding could also be due to anemia, bleeding/clotting disorders, hormonal derangements, uterine fibroids, cervical polyps etc. Consider requesting your treating doctor to check your bleeding and clotting parameters. Continue with the treatment as prescribed. Have a well balanced diet. A repeat ultrasound scan and hormonal analysis might help to reassess for other problems like hormonal derangements, uterine or ovarian problems.
Take care.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...