Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Constipation, Pain Under Robcage for months!

Pain under ribcage, Constipation, No answers. Ive had this pain for about 4 months. The doctors say its just constipation. But for months? That doesnt seem logical. I have tried every stool softener/laxitive/enama out there. No help... I have to strain and hold my breathe to pass a stoll the size of a quarter. The pain under my ribcage increases with the amount of food I eat. I feel bloated all the time. I dont know what to do. Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2013
Experienced User
Change doctors. Any pain is the body's way of telling you something isn't right. It should never last for months.

If a client told me this, I would be shooing them out the door to their doctor to have their gallbladder checked and to see if there was fecal compaction.

You should not strain to pass any stool, it can tear your intestine, rectum and/or anus.

In the meantime, drink water. I usually recommend 6 oz of water per hour. It's not enough to make you bloated but enough to help things move along.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....