User Profile
On Tuesday after lunch at work I got really sharp pains in my stomach. I thought it was probably constipation so when I got home I took some laxatives. After a while I started throwing up and getting more sick. I went to the e.r. ad they did a ct scan to check for bowel obstruction. She said it was clear and I wasn't even constipated. The next day I was still in pain and nauseous. I returned to the e.r. And they did a ultrasound and said my gallbladder looked fine. After all of this i am still having pain in my side. It is not as severe and I am not throwing up but it still hurts. I am now officially constipated which I wasn't before. I'm starting to think maybe it was constipation the whole time and I was just a baby about it but at the same time I don't think it is. Do you have any idea what this would be??? Please help!!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2017
Gallbladder Disease Answer A61739
If the ultrasound and the CT scan were normal, then most likely the symptoms you have are functional in nature . Conditions like irritable bowel syndrome present in such fashion.

Irritable bowel syndrome IBS, is a functional disorder characterized by cramping abdominal pain or discomfort with alterations in bowel habits (bloating, constipation, and / or diarrhea).

IBS does not cause any permanent damage or any serious illness but the symptoms cause severe discomfort & distress affecting an individuals work, ability to travel and attend social events.

For the time, being your symptoms of IBS can be controlled with diet, stress management, and prescribed medications (laxatives, antidiarrheals, antispasmodics, or antidepressants). You may consult a gastroenterologist for such prescriptions.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.