Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

constantly feel like there's a person staring 24/7

User Profile
I constantly feel like somebody is watching me. It doesn't matter what I'm doing, or where I am. I constantly feel like there's a person staring at me and watching every little thing I do. This happens literally 24/7. What does it mean?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2014
Schizophrenia Answer A50087
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

I would suggest you consult a psychiatrist
so that a Mini mental state exam is performed.
to ascertain depression or anxiety,
elements of delusion and illusion should also
be looked for in this consultation
Meds can be adjusted afterwards in addition
to cognitive behavioral therapy.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Schizophrenia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.