Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

CONSTANT severe chest pain with rib, breast, and back pain

Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....
Hello, for the last three months I have been experiencing a constant chest pain with deep aches in my rib cage, between my shoulder blades in my back, my breasts feel like I am breast feeding with out the actual swelling of the breast. My esophagus feels stretched alot of the time. Heart problems have been ruled out totally, I have had blood tests and xrays that are not showing up anything. I do have anxiety which combined with the state of CONTINUAL AND CONSTANT deep aching only makes it worse. The doctors have given me solfracate, told me to take prilosec, and even given me a gi coctail (that only makes me vomet horribly) and nothing seems to help. I have noticed that while in the ER and was given ativan for the anxiety that either I just did not care that I hurt or the pain actually stopped. No over the counter pain meds work at all, and narcotic pain meds only help for a short time. Any suggestions? Could all my pain be caused from anxiety and cause constant pain for 3 months straight?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 28th, 2011
Hello and thank you for posting your medical question in E health forum.

From the history described, It seems that you have severe anxiety disorder which is presenting in form of panic attacks.

From the description of the effect of the treatment at the ER, it seems that relief of anxiety helped your symptoms more than anything else.

Panic attacks and anxiety can present in different ways including chest pain, breathlessness, palpitations, headache, body aches, etc.

You might consider consulting a general physician and a psychiatrist who after examining can diagnose the exact problem and provide definitive treatment that will help you.
I hope this Helps.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chest Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.