Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

constant pressure or "pulling down", of the abdomen-pelvic

User Profile
Hi!

First, let me say that I'm a 23 year old white male with an anxiety disorder and recently I've been going through lots of stress.

What I've been feeling for about a month:
* mild constant headache & neck pain (lots of tension)
* fatigue (I still manage to exercise)
* lower back pain
* occasional mild upper center abdominal discomfort
* constant pressure or "pulling down" from the lower left side of the abdomen-pelvic area, especially if I bend (I'm somewhat bloated too)
* absent-minded

Factors to consider (besides anxiety):
* I've lost a considerable amount of weight last year and my mother (a doctor) detected lipomas underneath my abdomen skin
* I'm trying to correct my posture which has been very bad these last few years. I sometimes found myself with my chest constricted and my back bent while sitting. Maybe the organs are accomodating?
* No diarrhea, perfect stools (I recently corrected my diet)
* I'm having a depression and I DREAD going to the hospital

Thank

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2014
(online)
Thank you for asking
Age of 23 is too young to have any organic complaint. The headaches and neck pains and stomach discomforts are all because of this anxious personality of yours. Anxiety and stress cause tension headaches and stress ulcers leading to stomach pains and such people are type A personalities and unless the anxiety and complete psychological profile is rehabilitated this issue will persist.i suggest you seek a psychotherapist do some therapy sessions. There is no other likely cause than overly anxious psychological profile.
I hope it helped.take care and visit our health centre for further guidance.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.