Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Constant nausea, no stones, can it be gallbladder related?

I have been having daily nausea since the end of December. Sometimes accompanied by a gnawing feeling in the chest. Some days I can barely eat because of the nausea. I have had an ultrasound witch showed no stones and a endoscopy which out ruled acid reflux and ulcers. My doctor said that maybe my gallbladder isn't functioning right so he put me on a medicine called actigall which is supposed to help thin the bile. I've been on it for the three weeks he recommended and it's not getting any better. I had a HIDA scan today to check the function I will get the results from that on Monday. I never have any pain. I did start getting a dull ache on my right side. It doesnt last long and has only been happening for about a week. I have eliminated fatty and greasy foods from my diet since January and still the same problem! Does this sound like a gallbladder issue? Or something else. I'm literally getting depressed and just ready for this to be over! I feel like I am having a night mare and can't wake up. I have 3 kids (1,3,4) and a loving husband and I feel like I can't be a good mom or wife right now because I always feel so sick:-(. I am only 23 years old. I never thought I would be going through this. I went through something similar in 2009. I had bad nausea and heartburn lost 25lbs and it was about 9 months before they diagnosed me with gerd. I took prilosec and got better. Now 3years later it's happening again but the nausea is worse this time around. Does anyone have any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sad_Girl88
|

replied March 31st, 2012
Hi
I don't have any advice but am suffering with similar problems and just want to let you know I feel the same as you I just want answers and to get well, I had a scan which came back saying no gall stones but my nausea is getting worse too and feel very picky with food. Hang in there if I get any news will get back to you. take care.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
Thank you. It is nice to know that I am not alone! If I find out anything I will update here. I would like to help others out who are going through the same thing.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
Hyperactive gallbladder.
I too am having an issue with nausea. Never got physically sick though. Slight pain on occasion, but nothing more. I had a variety of tests including a HIDA scan which shows I have a hyperactive gallbladder. Normal function is 35-75% and I came back at 81% Not much is known as to why and a surefire cure. I have a meeting with a surgeon in a couple weeks as my gasto dr recommends I have it removed. That is all I know for now. Hope it gives you some ideas.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
Thanks. I can't wait to get my results tomorrow. I really don't want it to be my gallbladder. Because I don't want to have surgery. But at least if it is my gallbladder my search to find out what's wrong will come to an end. I am ready to get back to a normal life without having to always worry about getting sick!
|

replied April 4th, 2012
HIDA scan results back and they said my gallbladder is functioning close to normal. They also said my gallbladder was located lower in the abdomen then it should be? They are scheduling me an appointment with a surgeon.
|

replied April 11th, 2012
Have you tried an ear doc? Equilibrium causes those symptoms. It doesn't have to be gallbladder.
|

replied August 20th, 2012
No I haven't. That might be my next step since it's now August and I'm still having the same problems!
cottage wrote:
Have you tried an ear doc? Equilibrium causes those symptoms. It doesn't have to be gallbladder.
|

replied June 6th, 2013
Gallbladder, no pain, extreme nausea, diarrhea, PPi's,acid reduc
Do any of you have any updates to your conditions? Solutions? I have been going a bit crazy-- with these symtoms and no answers. I am 43 year old, healthy female. Hospitalized for a week after a bad reaction to antibiotics & PPI Protonix, dehydration, constant nausea and diarrhea. Many tests run, blood counts all good, ultrasound,endoscopy, sigmoid, and then finally a CT scan of GI/abdomen. Came home treating what was diagnosed as gastritis, felt better after a week, then had my first 5-6 good days without nausea. Then, out of nowhere, woke up with unmanageable nausea and back to the ER. So... after a combined 4 ER visits, one week hospitalization and several doctors later, I have a HIDA-scan scheduled for tomorrow, to check the function of my gall bladder. I have never wished for a dysfuntional organ in my body, that is until now. I am desperate to just receive an answer to all of this. I, too, feel like I cannot be a good mom or wife because I am sick all the time and have to take Phenergan for nausea every day and night just to eat and sleep. The diarrhea is now under control with Imodium, but nausea still constant. No pain, just severe nausea. I am also still taking an otc acid reducer instead of PPI and Lexapro for anxiety/depression symptoms. I will be glad to be off of all of this medication!! Am thankful for good friends who have been helping so much. Doctors... not so much. I do, however, feel like I am working with an awesome Gastroenterologist now! My first doctor wrote a referral for a psychiatrist. I told him I would gladly see one, as these last two months have indeed affected my mental health!! With regard to diet, I, too, am very picky with food --so hard to explain to someone, but it just has to feel like a safe food for me to consider eating and so random. Even though some are not recommended, I have found the following helpful... yogurt, salads, potatoes, honey wheat pretzels, multi-grain tortilla chips (sometimes with cheddar cheese), & wheat cereals. Have been drinking alot of ginger tea - very helpful for nausea. As well as Pedialyte and Smart water every day!! All of this once I have Phenergan in my system. Without it, I can hardly tolerate anything. Even the smell of food will be more than I can handle.
I am anxious to hear of any updates from those of you posting in the prior year. I hope everyone has found some relief. Thank You, Trish
|
Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....