Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Constant motor tics, tension points, random anxiety, and occasio

For the past couple of years, I have dealt with constant motor tics and shaking, as demonstrated in the video below. When those tics occur, I also get this dropping feeling at the top of my stomach, as well as sweatiness and the back of my neck gets Sometimes this results in pain that spreads to my arms and shoulders.. Additionally, if I try to suppress them, I often feel tension in my stomach and back of my neck. Exercise seems to be a trigger, but they are otherwise unpredictable. When they happen during exercise my legs often numb up a little. I also get random anxiety and jitteriness at times and pulse rate and BP can soar. I have seen multiple doctors, had a basic neurological workup, a full cardiac workup, and multiple blood tests, but doctors cannot tell me what is wrong. Any suggestions on what it could be and as a plus, what I could to to deal with it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These symptoms are consistent with chronic motor tic disorder. It is self limiting disease and usually remits in 6-8 years.
Behavioural therapy like CBT will help you.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.