Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

Constant headaches, sporadic fever and nausea, etc

I am 26 years old, male, mildly overweight, light smoker, otherwise very
healthy. About two weeks ago I began having severe, sharp pains in back of head
when I would stand up. It progressed to constant headaches within days. The pain
was focused on the back of my head and would sometimes wrap around and I'd feel
it in my jaw, eyes, and sinuses. First Dr. called it a sinus infection. However,
after 3 days, no relief, and I woke up with 103 fever. Went to clinic again,
sent me for a CT Scan of brain and sinuses. Said brain lookes fine, sinuses
congested, also an abscess on one of my teeth that I didn't know was there.
Following week, symptoms had not improved, had high fever and now chest pains
when breathing too deeply. Went to another Dr. She seemed baffled, sent me for
brain MRI, neck x-ray, and chest x-ray. I was told my neck is being forced by
muscles to bend the wrong way. Chest x-ray was not mentioned. MRI showed an
enlarged cyst on the pineal gland in back of my brain. I am supposed to go see a
neurologist, but don't know when. My current symtoms include: severe headache in
back of my head, chest pain when breathing too deep (which causes me to cough), occasional nausea,
occasional high fever (bounces between 98 & 103), strange and random muscle
pains, stiff jaw, back of neck stiff, left shoulder blade hurts, ears hurt. I don't know what's wrong with me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 16th, 2012
New development: When I wake up in the mornings, I feel overall OK. However, if I go out and get warm, I start to feel clammy and sweaty. Yesterday had 101 fever for about 2 hours, then it broke and went back down to about 98. Very weird. If anyone has any suggestions, please help.
|

replied July 16th, 2012
Update: Had a dentist appointment today, found two cavities in need of being filled, but nothing that would be causong current problems. Going tomorrow to have MRI done on my neck to further check that out. No diagnosis however.
|

replied July 25th, 2012
Just another update, blood work came back and I tested positive for mono.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....