hi i have this constant fear of HPV and it is consuming my mind. i feel as if everyone around me has it and i know it has a lot to do with anxiety. i have many questions about this. here are a few?
1. Can I get it from trying on jeans without underwear?(gross i know)
2. if someone had a cold sore but was carrying the HPV virus and i touched it with open dry skin could i contract it that way even though there was no genital contact with that person?

*i'm sorry for the ridiculous questions but i am also a hypochondriac and just want to get these off my chest without personal confrontation with my doctor
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2013
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well open and French kissing has known to transmit HPV infection, but this is neither the common nor preferred route of transmission. Most HPV infections caught by kissing resolve on their own. So if you have touched an oral cold sore then there is not much chance of infection. However, if it was a genital sore, then there could be some chance of infection.

If you are so paranoid about infection then please ask your doctor and get HPV vaccine shots. Also practice safe sex by using condoms always. Hope this helps. Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.