Please help!!! I have suffered from constant diarreah for the past 5 years, ever since visiting Dom Rep on holiday. I find that approx 1 hour after eating anything i desperately need the toilet Sad Sometimes, (quite often) i don't make it in time.! This condition is ruining my life,I can't go anywhere and have lost several jobs through it. I have had every test going (or so the Doctor's tell me) and they don't seem to know what causes it.
I have heard that botox can be injected into the bowel which helps immencely. Has anyone else heard of this and does it work???
If so is it available on the NHS???

Please please please somebody help me...
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Diarrhea, or loose stool, is more difficult to control than solid stool because with diarrhea the rectum fills with stool at a faster rate. Even people who don’t have fecal incontinence can leak stool when they have diarrhea.
Diarrhea immediately or soon after a meal is very characteristic for irritable bowel syndrome.
If the diarrhea is bloody and is accompanied with fever, weight loss, abdominal pain, than you may have an inflammatory bowel disease.
Chronic parasitic infections can be a reason for experiencing diarrhea for a long period of time.
Uncontrolled diabetes, and hyperthyroidism can be associated with chronic diarrhea, too.
Botox injections are indicated for treating anal sphincter disorders (the sphincter allows and stops flow of fecal matter) that lead to fecal incontinence.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....