User Profile
My 3 1/2 year old has been taking deep breaths for the last couple of days every 30 seconds . She is happy, playing normal . But taking deep breaths that seem uncomfortable . She’s to your to explain what she’s feeling . I told her to urgent care , her oxygen levels were fine and chest x Ray came out clear . Followed up with her pediatrician and she said she sounded fine, had no idea what could be wrong . I’m desperate to find a solution . Would love opions on what over test could be ran to help find an answer. I will not give up on my child, it can’t be comfortable taking deep breaths like that, any advice is much appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2018
Kids Health and Pediatrics Answer A63039
Welcome to e health forum.

If all clinical examination and investigations are normal, then deep breathing episodes that you are concerned about are most likely nonspecific and nothing to be worried about.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Pediatrics
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kids Health and Pediatrics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.