Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Celiac Disease Forum

Connection between celiac disease and ovarian cysts

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
I have celiac disease. I had a misscarriage in march and have been on my period ever since. I rencently found out I have a cyst on my right ovary. my doctor put me on the pill to quit the bleeding and it hasnt really helped.. Now im have severe pelvic pain..the hospital did a CT scan and said i have fluid in my pelvic region and that the cyst may have burst. Does this make any sense? Whats wrong with me?? Please help me!!!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 2nd, 2010
Celiac Disease Answer A14836
Hi and welcome to the forum! I am glad that I can help you.

You want to know the cause of the symptoms that you experience.

Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder of the small intestine that occurs in genetically predisposed people of all ages. This medical condition may be related to miscarriages and unexplained infertility. Medical researches haven't shown any connection between celiac disease and ovarian cysts. Ovarian cysts may appear in healthy women; they may show symptoms such as abdominal pain, painful menstruation, irregular cycles, etc. Ovarian cysts may be benign or malignant, and may easily burst.

According to the data that you described, you may have experienced bursting of the ovarian cyst. See a gynecologist for further diagnosis and treatment. You may consider having a sample of the fluid in the pelvic region checked to exclude any burst of a malignant ovarian cyst.

Please keep in mind that I provide medical information only. I am not able to diagnose medical conditions online. Please contact your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider such as a gynecologist for further advice and information about diagnosis and treatment options.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: period, sense
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Celiac Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.