Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

Confusing EEG results. Help?

Alright so a few sundays ago, I got up out of bed (I had been laying awake for a while and decided to get up) and I get like how I normally get when I get up too fast ( I am a tall girl). I got ringing in the ears, my vision started to get black and spotty, and I got dizzy. But something else happened; I started to shiver, but I wasn't cold. I then fell down. I was conscience throughout; I was there for ten seconds, got up and felt fine. No head ache, no tiredness. I could talk throughout it, and I didn't have any complications.

Then I went to the doctor's and got an EEG done. They said that I had no seizure activity that was recorded, but they did say that the activity was comparable to that of an epileptic person.

I have smoked marijuana in my past.
I have migraine headaches.

Could it really have been a seizure? Am I epileptic? How can is epilepsy diagnosed? And could my past drug use/migraines be the reason why the reading was slightly abnormal?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 15th, 2012
Many have odd EEG's but not epilepsy... it could have been from low blood pressure or something like that... try not to worry...
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Epilepsy is diagnosed when one has recurrent seizures... those with epilepsy often have migraines too... smoking Pot is not the cause but could aggravate the issue...
Good Luck
|
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....