Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Confusing dreams of reality

I have scoured the net and can't find an explanation for the dreams I experience in the morning. I have a very disturbed sleep pattern and after initially waking up, if I dose off again I dream of getting up, dressed, washed, or things like speaking on the phone to someone.
When I realise none of these things have actually happened I become extremely confused and I now sometimes have trouble distinguishing dreams from real memories.
When searching the net the only info I found was about lucid dreams, although I think what I experience is much different.
Is this common? Does it have a name? Is there anything I can do about it?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper xxbuttonsxx
|

replied April 7th, 2011
Its due to stress.
|

replied November 18th, 2013
OMG this happens to me it stated about 2 months ago, i cant find much about it either but it happens in alzheimer's believed to be because you are disturbed in REM sleep which makes sense for me as i only sleep for no more then 3 hours at a time
|

replied October 19th, 2015
hi,
I start to recall people asking me certain questions, but I cant recall who or when, I just remember them being recent, and it usually happens in the mornings. An unhealthy thought that I am being given roofies and questioned by psychologists in the middle of the night crossed my mind, but that is obviously not the case, as I recognized that as a delusion.
|
Quick Reply