I am experiencing a ton of strange symptoms and I did not know where else to seek answers for them but on an online forum... since nobody (including my doctor) seems to know what is going on. The symptoms I have been experiencing are so strange and so random that I have no idea what to make of them.

A few months ago I experienced a very bad panic attack seemingly for no reason, I had nothing to fear and had not experienced anxiety before. It was so bad I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. My heart was pounding out of my chest, my arms and legs felt cold, I had tunnel vision, and I was completely disconnected from my surroundings. Then a few weeks later I got another one. The second one was nowhere near as bad as the first although it was still pretty intense. Then I got sick with a random high fever, fatigue, and muscle / joint aches for about a week (not sure if this is related or just coincidence). There were no other symptoms aside from random pain in my eyes when I looked too far to the side and a pretty bad headache. It ended after a week or so with me getting a rash on my arms and chest. The rash was not itchy and I experienced no irritation but there were small red dots pretty much everywhere that went away within a few days.

Ever since then I have been getting random dull headaches on the left side of my head and near the corner of my eye. They come and go and are usually present after I exert myself. I have also had very bad brain fog and I feel out of it almost all the time. I feel as if I cannot focus on anything and have trouble concentrating even though I go through the motions of what I am doing perfectly fine. I feel disconnected from my surroundings at times, and have been experiencing horrible fatigue pretty much all the time. Regardless of how much I sleep and regardless of how much coffee I drink I still feel extremely tired all the time. Sometimes I feel so disconnected and out of it that I literally think I am about to pass out and need to take a moment and collect myself. In addition I have been feeling a weird cold sensation on the right side of my chest and some chest pain when I breathe in through my mouth. I also sometimes wheeze when exhaling through my mouth. Nothing major but I thought I should mention that as well.

I have asked people about this, and they claim that it is anxiety and / or depression. I am skeptical however, and I would not be posting this if I was not legitimately desperate to find out what is going on.

I have gotten tons of tests done including a CT scan of my brain, several blood tests, an EKG, an x-ray of my lungs, and a test for mono and lyme disease. All of them came out perfectly normal.

I am extremely confused and frustrated that I am unable to pinpoint the source of these symptoms. If anybody wants to offer insight on what might be going on, that would be greatly appreciated. I am a junior in college at a difficult school and need to be functioning at my best right now.

Please let me know what you think.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 29th, 2015
Experienced User
Unfortunately, this sounds like anxiety. Anxiety can make you feel many different things. I have been going through it for a long time now. It's horrible and makes you feel terrible! Are you particularly stressed about school? I can relate to the headaches. I never used to get them, now it's almost an every day occurrence. I try to keep myself occupied and exercise. Also, I just got an adult coloring book to relax a little bit. I also take medicine. Zoloft. It helps some. I hope this helps.
|

replied January 1st, 2016
SOunds like anxiety to me
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...