"hi i m sk from India male 26 years of age..i was recently got engaged for marriage.recently i got a small spot on hip i went to doc to find out he said its herpes the disease i have never heard of..i went to internet and find out about herpes i was shocked to see its an STD ......i never had sex i am a virgins....i went to the clinic for second opinion and the second doc said its a Boil not herpes but till then it was quite late as i went into Depression and get my self tested For HIV 1 and 2 antibodies,,twice in 3 days guessing may be one report is false negative.... The test done was TRIDOT and other was VITRO s immune diagnostic system using chemiluminescence which gave negative report....like 0.07 >.9 NON reactive....i took this test thinking may be in my younger days somebody mite have exploited(done sex to me) me in my sleep say 7-8 years before ....i am still in depression. NOW i have got one more thing that is vitamins B12 deficiency ,,,and getting shots for that too i don't know what is going on with me as i cant live now cant sleep cant do anything just home ridden please help me as my marriage is coming in few days i m very confused.....what to do ....please help me out thinking like i m your younger brother,,,,,,"
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 8th, 2009
Experienced User
You need to calm down! You didn't have herpes. You've never had sex, so why are you so afraid of STDs? Unless you remember someone having sex with you when you were young, it's very doubtful that happened. The results of the tests were negative, so why are you still worried? Are you afraid your future wife won't want to marry you? There isn't anything wrong. You may just be nervous about getting married and the idea that you had an STD was really scary. But everything's okay now. Right?

Are you really depressed about this? Or is there something else wrong?

If this is all that is wrong, stop doing this to yourself. You are fine. It wasn't an STD. You need a better doctor than the one who said it was Herpes, but other than that, you are fine.
|

replied June 8th, 2009
confused still
Thanks for your reply.. i really appreciate that u took out time to help me out.....i am not worried about marriage ......I am worried about HIV even though i tested negative....MY doc say if u were being exploited in younger days....u have crossed the Window period mark and tested for HIV 1 and 2 anti bodies too....the result was negative...so why r u worrying about HIV,,,,,I don't know, this HIV is not getting out of my mind.....i will loose my life because of this....
|

replied June 8th, 2009
Experienced User
Unless you have used intravenous drugs (like heroin or something like that) and shared needles, you are going to be okay. You don't even know if you were exploited when you were young, do you? Or do you remember something? Even if you were molested or raped, the person would have had to be infected with HIV and you would have had to catch it. Not everyone who is exposed to HIV actually gets it. Plus, you have no proof that this hypothetical person actually had HIV.

*If* you had herpes, maybe then you should worry. But you don't. If you hadn't had that bump, you would never have even thought about all of this. You need to stop worrying about something that is so unlikely. You don't even have any symptoms.

You will not lose your life from something you do not have!

You are getting married soon. Focus on that. You are going to be starting your new life with your new bride. Don't let this consume your thoughts. Go live your life.
|

replied June 8th, 2009
thanks sister i really appreiate your words ,,,,,, i dont remember about that incidence i got myself tested for HIV antibodies so many years later (7-8 years later) is that test give conclusive report that I am negative,,
|
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....