Hi Guys

I am new to this so I really dont know what to expect. It would be nice to find some friends here.

Is it true that people who suffer from confidence issues find themselves isolated at times especially when feeling nervous, even in a gathering? Does anyone else share my thoughts or is it just me?

If you have any thoughts, let me know.

P.S. I must admit I was feeling a bit nervous about entering forums as I have never done them before so therefore would love all the support I can get.

Cheers

Ash
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2009
Hi Ash71. I too am new to the forums. Actually, this is the first time that I have written anything. I just happened to be reading up on some of the issues in this forum and came upon your's, (which I can definitely relate to!) I also suffer from low-(if at all any, confidence) along with low self-esteem and I too, tend to isolate often...too often. The problem with me, as I see it, is that I am the one who does the isolating. I seem to isolate from people, committments, etc. as opposed to confronting what I need to confront?! I suppose "avoidance" would be the best term to use, but by avoiding those things in my life, that is when I isolate ie; stay home by myself,not even wanting to talk on the phone, etc. I think that I do this because of the lack of confidence that I have to confront those things in my life that are always put on the back burner that may need or needed to be addressed. I'm sorry that I am unable to give you advice with what you are feeling, but I do hope that you can find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone.
Good luck to you-
fragile
|

replied August 13th, 2009
Hi Ash71. I too am new to the forums. Actually, this is the first time that I have written anything. I just happened to be reading up on some of the issues in this forum and came upon your's, (which I can definitely relate to!) I also suffer from low-(if at all any, confidence) along with low self-esteem and I too, tend to isolate often...too often. The problem with me, as I see it, is that I am the one who does the isolating. I seem to isolate from people, committments, etc. as opposed to confronting what I need to confront?! I suppose "avoidance" would be the best term to use, but by avoiding those things in my life, that is when I isolate ie; stay home by myself,not even wanting to talk on the phone, etc. I think that I do this because of the lack of confidence that I have to confront those things in my life that are always put on the back burner that may need or needed to be addressed. I'm sorry that I am unable to give you advice with what you are feeling, but I do hope that you can find some comfort in knowing that you are not alone.
Good luck to you-
fragile
|

replied October 14th, 2009
Re: Confidence Issues
hello there i'm new here also i have confidence issues like i don't really feel like i'm pretty and that guys just want thing from u and dont really like me i have a low selfesteem bec the ppl i use to go to school with and i sometimes feel out of place
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...