Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

Condom Broke, Plan B, Funny Period

The last day of my previous period was May 18. On June 9 (Saturday) I had sex. He was wearing a condom that broke. He wasn't sure if any got inside me. We went right away and got Plan B. I took it maybe an hour after the condom broke. I was supposed to get my period the next day (Sunday).

Nothing happened until on Thursday I started lightly spotting a brown mucus. For the past 6 months my period has been irregular (anywhere between 3-7 days off) but I'm concerned that I might be pregnant. How much can Plan B mess with your period? How big a factor does stress plan into it? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 20th, 2012
I'm going through exactly the same thing, it seems like the hormones in the plan b pill really messes with one's menstrual cycle. I try to comfort myself by saying that's the reason why my period is late - but I am also going to take a pregnancy test soon to just reassure myself. Plan B is supposed to be very effective, so I don't think you should worry too much (although I know it's very very very stressful, trust me, I even dreamt of getting my period..). I think we should both just calm ourselves, and wait, and take a pregnancy test for extra reassurance.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...