Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Conditional Migraine with Neurological Neuropaphy?

User Profile
My wife had an event recently that has me very confused. She is 55 and these events took place one week apart. She drove to my daughter's house, when she got out of the car she blacked out on the driveway. When my daughter got to her she ask who she was and was confused. A trip to the ER showed nothing. Her memory returned and she seemed fine the next day. One week later same thing happened, but this time she lost movement of her right side, speech was slurred, no memory. She said she had a very bad headache on the right side above her ear. She was rushed to the ER. A CAT scan was taken and was negative. Since it appeared she had suffered a stroke the doctor gave her TPA. He than said she needed to go to a different hospital. Once there, she was examined and admitted. In the next few days all kinds of test were done including, MRI, X-ray, blood and ultra sound of the carotids. Her doctor told me that she has a "Conditional Migraine with Neurological Neuropaphy. her condition after 5 da

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 14th, 2011
Stroke Answer A28539
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description provided , it seems that your wife might have had a transient ischemic attack or a complicated migraine.

During attacks, of complicated migraine, patients develop stroke-like symptoms with sensory and/or loss of ‎strength of muscles, dizziness, hearing changes and visual disturbance‎s.

In case of strokes or TIA, patients usually have a past history of high blood pressure, and abnormal lipid profile. In addition the investigations that she has undergone will show abnormal findings.

A complete analysis of the reports as well as a physical examination, will be essential to know what exactly caused her symptoms.

She might consult with her treating doctor for a complete and detailed explanation regarding her underlying condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.