A little over a week ago I was hospitalized for a day after fracturing my skull (causing a concussion and brain bleed) while longboarding. Currently I've stopped taking any medication (tylenol 3) and my headaches haven't come back for 3 days. Bright lights and loud noises don't bother me anymore either, it feels like I'm pretty much back to normal, although I don't plan on hooping on my board for three more weeks or so. My question is would substances like tobacco, marijuana, and alcohol have any effect on my brain and skulls recovery? I realize the overall negative effects of each substance, but I'm more and only interested in the direct effects those substance will have on my injuries recovery. Thanks for your time.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
yes, I know this is a really late reply, but for any one else reading and in the same boat steer clear from those things; even herbal medicine can have negative effects.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....