Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Conclusion was blockage large intestine, diverticulosis

User Profile
Hello i have been having serious sharp and dull or burning ache under my ribcage right side also right side mid back same area. I have been to the ER 8x 3 full blood work ups, 4 urinalysis, lower cat scan wo contrast, ER ultrasound, 2 chest xrays. Conclusion was blockage large intestine, diverticulosis, kidney function slightly low and dehydrated.
my symtpoms, Pain under right ribcagein my back right side,lightcolored floating stool, Pressure, sharp pains ,spasms in right side, constant dull ache, pain pressure in head and right eye ,spasms in right eye, weight loss, light colored loose stools, testicle ache on and off, urination pressure not pain, fatigue, increased appetite, swollen gland right side of neck, sinus swelling and pain, pain under right shoulder blade, some sharp pains in lower abdomen, sometime dull ache below sternum, at night its much worse, and if i eat a full meal. Today i ate meatballs and right away started to hurt and spasms started , Also pain pills set it off

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2012
Bile Duct Disorders Answer A40954
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Pain on the right side just under the ribs can be due to-
1.Peptic ulcer disease or Hiatal hernia. Diagnosis can be confirmed by upper GI endoscopy.
2.Myositis or muscle pull due to overuse of muscles. Mild antiinflammatory drugs and hot fomentation will help you.

3.Gall bladder disease- can be stones or cholecystitis. An examination by ultrasound scan will help in diagnosis.

4. Hepatitis- liver problems may manifest this way. A simple blood test - liver function tests will help in diagnosing the problem.
5.Bloating due to excessive gas, GERD.The simple measures that are likely to help you are-
1.Certain foods, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts and legumes (beans) may worsen bloating and gassiness.
2.Dietary fiber may lessen symptoms.You should drink plenty of water, and avoid soda, which may cause gas and abdominal discomfort.
3.You can use some over the counter drugs like pepto bismol or tums for symptomatic relief.

You had an X ray and USG scan which suggest blocked intestine and diverticulosis possibility of muscle pull and gall bladder issues does not seem to be there. As the symptoms are persistent and bothersome consider visiting a Gastroenterologist once for evaluation so that medications can be started accordingly.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Intestinal Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.