Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Concerned ovary/stomach problem

I am 20 years old and for almost a year now I have been having symptoms that occur daily such as bloated stomach before and after eating, low appetite, feeling full after a couple bites of food, coughing/ gagging after eating anything and feeling nauseas and heavy flow and cramped period when it's my time of the month. My gynecologist put me on birth control back in December and that helped the problem with heavy miserable periods. She scheduled me for an ultrasound of my ovaries and found that I had a cyst on one of them and that went away after being on birth control for a month. My regular doctor and gynecologist referred me to a GI where I had an ultrasound of my stomach, a endoscopy, and a stomach emptying study done and all of those came back clear of anything. I mentioned to my gynecologist that I have started having sex for the first time for about 4 months now and have a shooting pain in my stomach almost everytime during the whole time. She said that it was nothing to worry about. A few weeks ago I was having sex and the pain was so horrible it felt like both of my ovaries were on fire, I couldn't breath and I felt like I was going to throw up. I don't know if any of this is normal or if it's just something my body will eventually stop doing. Also I was laying down the other day with my laptop sat on my lower stomach and don't know if it could have something to do with anything but I realized I have done this since I was probably 13 years old and would do it for many hours of the day I dont know if that could have an affect on anything just something to mention. Thank you for any answers you might have anything is appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 27th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
You have two different problems.Low appetite,bloating can be due to GI disturbances and not related to ovary or anything sexual organs.Go for the dietary advice,deworming and antacid intake accordingly.The next problem is pain during sex.This is your very beginning of sexual life and often pain is felt in initial stages.Use some lubricants and ask your partner not to jump at the initial stage for inserting.Ask her to take time and perform it gradually.Lastly,confirm me he is neither huge enough compare to you nor very rough while doing sex.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.