Hello, I recently had a few bumps show up. They don't itch, I'm not having a pain, discharge, odor, or any problems. Just the bumps. I noticed them after I shaved one night. I started out with just one tiny one and now there are several more. Again, after I shaved. I'm concerned on if I have herpes or not. I messed around with a guy back in November who was diagnosed with herpes in October. He didn't bother to tell me. I went and was tested back in January and I was clean. I had blood work, a physical exam and a swam. I'm not sure what to do. Please please please. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
A very confused young lady Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2013
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms of bumps that you describe could be ingrown hairs or folliculitis and be the result of wrong method of shaving. If you are worried or if symptoms are persistent, or recurrent, consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for examination and further evaluation. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Use proper shaving technique, and prepare the skin first before shaving, and avoid shaving with too much of force on razor (that can cut the hair lower than dermis level forcing the hair to get buried in skin). If the problem is recurrent or chronic, the laser treatment or electrolysis can be of help.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.