Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Concerned about many symptoms

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where to post this exactly as I don't really know what my symptoms could mean. I have been having several different problems lately but I'm not sure whether they are related or not. Firstly, I am constantly tired no matter how much sleep I get. I can not concentrate on my assignments and my memory is really bad. I can not remember much about my life at all. There seems to be huge gaps everywhere. I remember people and places, just not events. My eyes are always itchy and puffy and I have huge bags under them (probably from sleeping too much). I get this weird numb/tingling feeling in my lips and gums.

Lately I have been getting my period in 2-3 week intervals instead of monthly. They are always really heavy. I also get a lot of 'spotting' between periods which can last up to a week. My vagina is itchy most of the time and I often have discharge that is sometimes clear but mostly looks like pus. I have been to a doctor about that but the swabs were negative for an STI or thrush. She said it's most likely dermatitis but I don't think that would explain the discharge or the fact that the itching is more often on the inside than the outside.

I get chest pain often but it's usually in my right side. I also get lower back pain, stomach aches, and neck pain. I have headaches almost daily. They usually start behind my eye and spread to the back of my head. I get muscle cramps a lot during the night, usually in either my neck or my right leg. I also get frequent muscle twitches in my hands, feet, legs, lips, and eyelids. I have to urinate frequently and I get thirsty a lot. Lately I have been feeling nauseous a lot, particularly at bed time. I have a weird metallic-like taste in my mouth that rarely goes away. I am cold all the time, even on hot days. I often wake up with dry blood in my nose. I get dizzy when doing the dishes or taking a shower or just from standing up too long. I have gone from being hungry all the time to hardly feeling hungry at all.

I'm 21, I don't smoke, am not overweight, have not had sex for 6 months, and have not been diagnosed with any physical condition. Are these symptoms likely linked to my eating habits and lack of exercise? Or could it be something more serious? I have made an appointment with my doctor but she is packed until the end of the month so my appointment isn't until June. I'm stressing out a bit about it and would really appreciate any help you guys might be able to give me in the meantime. Thanks for reading.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 8th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...