Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

Conception timing and fibroid tumors

User Profile
I'm not trying to get pregnant right now because I'm not in a relationship at this moment. However I would like to know how to tell when I'm ovulating? What signs are there? Also If I were trying when should I try to have sex to conceive? I have fibroid tumors on my uterus and one of my ovaries would this cause me to be infertil? Although I don't want anymore children right now I don't know what my future might bring. Although I'm starting to believe I'm destined to be alone.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 21st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
You can't always tell when you're ovulating. You can count days, take your temperature (it raises a little when you ovulate), monitor your cervical mucous, and pay attention to how you feel. You may have a little pain, soreness, or discomfort on one side of your abdomen which indicates that side's ovary is producing an egg. You can also use an ovulation test kit that you can buy at any pharmacy.

As for the fibroids, they can cause fertility problems, but not necessarily. You should consult with your doctor about this when you are ready to conceive again and if you have trouble.

I think your main concern should be how you feel about your life right now. You say you feel like you are destined to be alone, but that's not true. You have three children. That's not alone. Yes, you want a romantic partner in your life, but you need to make sure that things are right with you, emotionally, mentally, spiritually so you will attract the right kind of guy that you can spend the rest of your life with. Don't settle just so you won't be alone--being with the wrong person is the most alone you can be. And if you don't find the right guy, being single doesn't have to be horrible. Focus on yourself and other things that make you happy, whether it be family, work, taking classes, hobbies, reading, or whatever. A partner doesn't make you a whole person. Only you can do that for yourself.

I wish you all the best. Smile
|

User Profile
replied September 22nd, 2009
Supporter
When I said alone I meant having a partner in my life. My kids, their friends, cousins, and my nieces and nephews are my world. I spend every chance I can with them and I'm always surrounded with kids. Thats my joy in life. I was saying that I've given up on falling in love because I'm not willing to take the chance of getting my feelings hurt. You have to take that chance when you get into a relationship. The rest of my life is perfect and I want to keep it that way.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....